Contact: 416.653.9964 x 226 | moc.s1369171586regor1369171586@tyad1369171586ah1369171586
Hadayt Nazami (Hons. BA 1998, York University; MA 1999, York University; Juris Doctor 2003 Osgoode Hall Law School) was admitted to the Ontario Bar in 2004. Hadayt specializes in immigration, refugee and national security law, with a particular focus on advancing issues related to human rights. Hadayt has been involved in defending against the Security Certificate issued against Hassan Almrei in the Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal, and he acted on behalf of Ahmad El Maati before the Iaccobucci Inquiry, which found that Mr. El Maati was detained and tortured abroad with the involvement of Canadian government officials.
Hadayt continues to act as co-counsel for Ahmad El Maati and Muayyed Nureddin in their civil actions against the government of Canada. Hadayt has also acted as counsel for the Canadian Arab Federation (CAF), in challenging the decision of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration to cut funding to CAF’s language program. Hadayt also recently acted as co-counsel with Barbara Jackman on behalf of George Galloway, a British Member of Parliament, in challenging a decision to bar Mr. Galloway from entering Canada.
- Almrei v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) (F.C.A.), 2005 FCA 54 (overturned in Charkaoui)
- Solmaz v. Canada (Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness),  F.C.J. No. 1465
- N.N.N. v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration),  F.C.J. No. 1641
- Canadian Arab Federation v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2009 FC 333
- Bhagat v. Canada (Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness), 2009 FC 45
- Tang v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2009 FC 292
- Xavier v. Canada (Attorney General), 2010 FC 147
- Toronto Coalition to Stop the War v. Canada, 2010 FC 957
- Canada (Attorney General) v. Almalki et al, 2010 FC 1106